Davy is a trusted market leader in wealth management and capital markets, building rewarding relationships that last. Our vision is to be the financial services partner most trusted by our clients and most admired for our people. We are committed to delivering world-class outcomes for our clients – whether they are individuals, businesses or institutions.
Developing our people is our priority and we are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of thought, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Our city centre location, free access to our onsite gym and fitness studio, and impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits our employees enjoy while working at Davy. Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment in your further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
It's not just business. It's Personal
We are over 700 people, managing €14bn+ of our client assets, with offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Belfast, London and Luxembourg. We are one team, always growing, putting our clients first.
At Davy, it’s not just business, it’s personal.
A new role has just opened within our Information Systems Department for a FrontEnd Developer. This is a permanent, full time role.
- Work in close co-ordination with our business users, vendors and other stakeholders to craft solutions to business problems considering functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop technical solutions which are robust, secure and easily maintainable, in line with development standards and best practice.
- Liaise with test team and all project stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully tested. Creation and execution of automated test scripts wherever possible.
- Support of production systems, resolving issues within SLA and providing regular and timely updates to users and line manager as to status of issues, escalating issues as required. Ensuring system documentation is updated as required.
- Regular communication with team on project progress, issues, and risks.
- Contribute to overall department goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Computer Science or IT Degree or equivalent 3rd Level Education.
- 3+ years of Development Experience.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and JSON over REST based data exchange.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience with version control software specifically Bitbucket and SVN.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML and modern front-end tooling.
- Experience investigating and improving front end performance.
- Experience of IDE frameworks source control (GIT) and use of Eclipse.
- Experience working within a recognised software development lifecycle (Agile).
- Experience with sever side technologies such as Java highly desirable.
- Experience with Thymeleaf highly desirable.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Innovative, creative, flexible and self-directed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional project teams.
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and achieve critical deadlines.